Monday, February 11, 2008
First day on the job
So, I finally managed to get my WLE up today, and I gotta admit, working in a library is actually rather fun. The combination of the smell, the silence, and the dozens of decent people all around you create this feel-good atmosphere. Whats really nice about working in a library is the fact that they rely on volunteers to get the hard stuff done, making the librarians really easygoing when it comes to the quality and skill of your work; but I'm not slacking. I worked in the middle school library so I already have experience so they didn't need to train me on the Duey Decimal System and OCD stuff like that. However, I'm pretty much the packmule of the library, so I do things like moving shelves and books. Sure, I'll admit, I spent most of today moving encyclopedias. But, it's good exercise and theres an Original Buffalo Wings down the street that I look forward to each time I work, and next time he says that he'll have a project for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment